Explore the House of Commons, House of Lords and Westminster Hall during an Inside UK Parliament tour, led by expert tour guides. You’ll get a sneak peek behind the scenes at Westminster, in what is not only a stunning historical site but also a fast-paced modern workplace.
UK Parliament is open to visitors again, and Castle Point residents can book a free 'Inside UK Parliament' guided tour by contacting Rebecca Harris.
What does the tour cover?
During this 75-minute tour, your guide will:
- explain the work of the UK Parliament and its relevance today
- outline how the working spaces you visit on the tour are used
- set out ways you can get involved and engage with the democratic process
- highlight some of the dramatic history of the Palace of Westminster
You will get to see:
- Westminster Hall, the ancient hall at the heart of the Palace where Parliament first sat and where many historic events have taken place
- The House of Commons, including the Speaker's Chair and the famous green benches and the 'lobbies' where MPs actually vote
- The House of Lords, including the Royal Throne
- The Queen's Robing Room, Royal Gallery and many other fascinating parts of the Palace of Westminster
When can I go on a tour?
During parliamentary sessions Find out what's on when UK Parliament is sitting
- Monday: 9.00am to 12.00 noon
- Tuesday & Wednesday : 9.00am to 10.00am, 10.15am to 12 noon*
- Friday: 3.30pm to 5.00pm
- These free guided tours are not available on Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
*Slightly shorter tours which include the House of Lords, Central Lobby, St Stephen’s Hall and Westminster Hall, but not the House of Commons.
- During Recess: Tuesday: 10.30 am to 5.00 pm (Find out dates when UK Parliament is in recess)
How to Book
Please note that tours are very popular and places are limited so generally have to be booked in advance.
If you are interested in arranging a tour of the Houses of Parliament, and live in Castle Point, please contact Rebecca by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unsure if Rebecca is your local MP, please check here: FIND MY MP. If you don't live in Castle Point, you can email your own local MP and they will arrange a tour for you.
You will need to provide:
- Your Full Name
- Your Castle Point Address
- The Number of Visitors (how many are children & how many are adults)
- Which dates/times you'd like to visit (it's always helpful to give a couple of options.
Other Guided Tours
Tour prices online for: Guided tours of the Palace of Westminster / Multimedia tours of the Palace of Westminster - Available to all visitors. Go at your own pace using a multimedia guide, discover the history and heritage of the building, and find out about the work of UK Parliament.
You can book online, by telephone or via the ticket office.