Rebecca Harris MP for Castle Point has joined up with two local fundraising celebrities to remind you to save the stamps from all your Christmas cards this year. They include Terri Bush, who collects used stamps for Friends Of BCRT - Postage Stamp Appeal & More!, and Salvo, who collects used stamps for Muscular Dystrophy UK.
Rebecca commented: “Make sure you stay on off the naughty list in the run up to Christmas by saving your used stamps for charity!”
You can donate your used stamps for these good causes at the following places around Castle Point:
Friends of Bone Cancer Research Trust
- Friends Of BCRT, 20 Bowers Road, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 5PZ
- Box outside 14 Cedar Hall Gardens, Thundersley Village, SS7 3RS
- Morrisons, Northwick Road, Canvey Island
- Fiona's Beauty Studio, 78a Furtherwick Road, Canvey Island
- The Co-op Funeralcare shop in Canvey, 16 Furtherwick Road, Canvey Island, SS8 7AE
- Bernard Braine House, 8 Green Road, Benfleet, SS7 5JT
Muscular Dystrophy UK
- Thundersley Congregational Church on Kenneth Road, Thundersley
- ASIF’s Chemist on London Road, Hadleigh
- Robert Michael Estate Office, 83 Hart Road, Thundersley
- Cedar Hall School, Hart Road, Thundersley
These organisations are also on the lookout for more collection points across the Borough. If you want to volunteer to collect used stamps in your business, please see this facebook post (linked here) for further instructions.